The competition is open to all composers born after September 20, 1984.
Participants who were awarded prizes in 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 2022 are no longer eligible to enter.
The submitted composition must not be older than two years and should not have been performed privately or publicly, copied, distributed, broadcasted or made accessible on the internet.
Only one score in its entirety and not in part is required of each composer.
Details of the composition
• The composition should be written for one piano (solo or for more than one pianist), and can include all facets of the instrument.
• The pieces should be contemporary and innovative. It is important that the pieces be appropriate in difficulty for children / young adults and be suitable for pedagogical use. The pianistic difficulties and musical challenges of the submitted compositions must be based on these criteria.
• The score is expected to be comprehensible and clear. Instructions for performance must be written in German or English.
• The piece or group of pieces should have a time span of 6 minutes minimum and a maximum of 15 minutes.
• In case the above-mentioned criteria are not fulfilled, the jury will not take the composition into consideration.
Applications must be in digital form. Upload deadline is September 20, 2024.